With Economia having released their Twitter #Finance100 list a couple of days ago, I thought it would be an appropriate way to start off this blog, with a couple of suggested feeds to keep up to date with the latest economics news.
What is #Finance100?
The list essentially ranks individuals and organisations involved in economics and related areas, based on their PeerIndex score, a score between 0-100 indicating how influential they are on Twitter.
Who to follow?
Currently the top 5 Twitter feeds are as follows:
1) Nouriel Roubini – Economist, renowned for anticipating the 2008 housing crash and financial crisis.
2) Robert Peston – Journalist, business editor for the BBC.
3) Paul Mason – Journalist, economics editor for BBC’s Newsnight.
4) The Economist – Weekly News Publication, specialising in economics, politics and international affairs.
5) Tim Harford – Economist/journalist, author of various books including The Undercover Economist, and more recently Adapt.
Of course this ranking is likely to change over time so be sure to check the full list for an updated ranking.
+ A Couple of Extras – My BlogRoll
As well as feeds on the #Finance100 list, I will be adding some of my favourite economics blogs to the BlogRoll at the bottom of the page. Some of these are only recently becoming popular and so did not make the #Finance100, but they are definitely worth a read. Be sure to check them out!